Monday, February 25, 2008

Stress Free

Not long ago I posted a pain list that I use to gauge my pain levels and adjust my daily routine according to it. I went looking for something similar on the internet for that is where I found the one that I use but I could not find any stress level lists so I created my own.

  • Stress level 0 Asleep restfully
  • Stress level 1 Tranquil and at peace with the environment
  • Stress level 2 Upset but controlled responses
  • Stress level 3 Bewildered - Confused but still willing to talk
  • Stress level 4 Very Annoyed - Some angry thoughts
  • Stress level 5 Agitated - Some verbalization but still controlled
  • Stress level 6 Angry - Having trouble maintaining self control
  • Stress level 7 Furious - So angry that you don't make sense all the time
  • Stress level 8 Frantic - Nearing the point of hysteria
  • Stress level 9 Stage 1 Panic
  • Stress level 10 Stage 2 Panic beyond reason
While this list may not reflect your own stress levels it sure helps me to understand where I'm currently at and then I do my meditation to calm down. Meditation doesn't have to take a long time but can be done on a regular basis. Some people meditate by praying and this is a good thing if you are acceptable to prayer.

No comments: